Monday, May 08, 2006

Sock-It-To-Me Cake

I made this pretty cake on Friday afternoon. I was dying to bake something, I don't know why I get that way. I've been trying to lose some weight, but I went ahead and made this. I ate only a few pieces and Greg ate a few. Saturday night it was just too tempting to eat it all up so I took it to work and let the girls eat it. They liked it.I decided not to put the frosting/glaze on it because Greg is so picky. I'll post the recipe -- but I can not be held accountable for leaving any ingredients out. Sometimes my fingers and my brain don't work together while typing.

The recipe comes from "the Cake Mix Bible." I do have an addiction to cookbooks for some reason. I've got almost a whole bookcase full and there are a gazillion others that I'd love to have.

Streusel Filling
1 package Butter Cake Mix - divided (calls for Duncan Hines -- but I used a Walmart brand.)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup finely chopped pecans

Cake
4 eggs
1 cup dairy sour cream
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 375. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.

For the streusel filling, combine 2 tablespoons cakemix, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir in pecans and set aside.

For cake, combine remaing cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, granulated sugar and water in a large bowl. Beat a medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour two-thirds of the batter into your tube pan. Sprinkle with the streusel filling. Spoon remiaing batter evenly over filling. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 25 minutes. Invert on a serving plate and cool completely.

I'm leaving out the glaze recipe because I suspect you all know how to make glaze. But I liked it without the glaze.


 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

The cake looks good. I
want a piece.

Austin of Sundrip said...

I will have to make this cake. it looks pretty good. I get in those baking moods too. I love the feel of a good bread dough. I majored in yeast breads when I was in culinary school. If i couldnt bake I'd lose a large portion of what brings my lifes joy.

nice journal.
Austin of Sundrip Journals