Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Pea Ridge

Yesterday, we went to Pea Ridge Battlefield. Greg had a wonderful time. He even asked "Are there any more battlefields in Arkansas?" I told him I bet we could for sure find some in Missouri -- like on Battlefield Road in Springfield. Then he wanted to know if the Battlefield was at the mall. Men.

I did scare him some. I told him we had to duck when we saw the cannon's -- you never know when they would fire. I think he was scared. We were on the look out for soldier's in the wood's. But we didn't see any -- only deers. Lots of deer. I think that's why he liked the battlefield.

Here's a picture of our day. I almost sprained my ankle running to get behind the cannon. It was a good day. Tonight I have to work. 8 hours of time and a half and 30 %. I'm happy. :) Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I noticed you got "behind" the cannon. Glad you had fun. John Powell was a P. Grove not Pea
Ridge...but I think Ben Cooper was at Pea Ridge. Smart Sister and
Old Sister will know.

See you Thursday!!!

Sister--Helen said...

Erin were you able to work the timer on your camera the 1st try....Sister Fleta has some problems with that it takes about a dozen partial and action shots before she finally gets in place and the camera goes off...it is such an adventure when she tries to take a time delayed shot!

Erin said...

helen, i've had a lot of practice at it. when i used to hike all the time. i'd try to position my camera on trees, rocks, etc to get a shot of me and whatever. and that was before digital. so i was wasting actual film!

patsy said...

i guess you have a civil war buff in the making.