Thursday, August 10, 2006

Cocoa Beach, Florida


I thought the water would be chocolate here -- but nope. We went to Cocoa Beach the 2nd day we were in Florida. We liked the beach so much we decided to go again the last full day we had of our vacation. We drove to the Tampa side of Florida to visit the famous Clearwater Beach. Well the beach there was full! Being the bashful folks that we are -- we decided to drive to the other side. We drove all the way across Florida -- almost twice in one day.

While we were in Cocoa we decided to visit the famous Ron Jon Surf Shop. I decided to buy my fabulous sister and brother in law a tshirt. I took a good 20 to 30 minutes picking out the shirts. I really thought I made a good selection.

Today I had to work the day at Tysons. I called Greg when I was leaving work. He said "I don't know if you want to come home or not." The poor guy I could tell something had happened. We both didn't say anything for a few seconds that seemed like minutes. I finally asked "What happened?!?"

His reply was squeaky and feeble "Rocky ate one of your shirts." "But I fixed it -- I just cut off the sleeves."

Well, I yelled and screamed and made snide remarks like -- "He's living outside now." and "You had better make an appointment with the vet -- he's getting neutered." (I"m serious about that one.) And then I hung up.

Well, I decided to go to Berryville to pick up my check. I thought that would cheer me up. On the way I had a brain spark. I put up all of my new tshirts. They were hanging nicely in the closet.

I called him back and asked him to describe the shirt. Of course, it wasn't my shirt it was a gift for my precious sister! I wanted to cry.

Well, Laura won't get a gift. Mom suggested making it into a pillow (once she had laughed at the situation!) I've decided to just leave it hanging in my closet. A new "wife beater" shirt. A nice reminder to never leave precious items in the dogs reach. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Poor Greg and his dog. You could write a children's book about this.Leave out the bad words.

Sister--Fleta said...

Laura, I bet she forgot to buy you a present and just made up this cover story blaming that poor dog. You know he can't be that bad.

Sister--Fleta said...

Since you did not call today for advise with the girls, I guess you came through it alright. I was so worried the girls would get hungry or something and you would not know what to do.

Erin said...

i take care of old people. little people are much easier. it's a lot simplier to change a 20 lb baby's diaper than a 300 lb invalid. trust me. i must admit i was a little worried though. i hadn't taken care of a baby for longer than 30 minutes since Astrid was little. Greg slept in Eric's recliner till 11 while i took care of the girls. Wasn't that nice ??

Sunshine said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Sister--Fleta said...

Well, Erin, I guess you did get Laura a prestent. It was your presence yesterday!!!