Monday, August 11, 2008

Hernia

I didn't get to talk to the doctor. I was being examined at the time. Greg said he was 'on the spot.' Part of the umbilical cord didn't heal right and the dr cauderized it. Doc was more worried about that than anything. He said if it didn't heal in 2 weeks -- then we'd talk to a surgeon. I can tell it is going to heal over.

The hernia will most likely fix itself. Doc said we'd talk about that again at age one if it wasn't fixed. On the net the majority of articles say that if it doesn't heal by age 4 then they fix it surgically. It really isn't that big of a deal right now.

None of this concerns or bothers Clayton. Just me. Clayton is pain free from what I can tell -- and chilled out.

Our next doctors appointment is August 27.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I am glad that Clayton is not worrying about this adn staying up at night because of the worry that he might have a hernia.