Monday, June 01, 2009

Laura's Recipe



Here is Laura's recipe for a simple Fruit Cream Coffee Cake and a few pictures from 5/30/9.

Fruit Cream Coffee Cake (more like homemade danish)

Ingredients:
3 ounces of cream cheese
4 T butter
2 C Biscuit Mix
1/3 C milk
1/2 cup Preserves (I used Strawberry)
1 C powdered Sugar
1-2 T milk
1/2 t vanilla

Cream butter and biscuit mix until crumbly and add milk. (I did all this by hand. No mixer needed) Turn to floured surface. Kneed 8-10 times. Roll onto wax paper. Roll into 12 x 8 inch rectangle. Turn onto cookie sheet. Spread preserves down middle. Make 2&1/2 inch cutts along long sides and fold over filling. Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes.

Mix remaining powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Drizzle onto top of cake when done.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

We adore Clayton.

Favorite Daughter said...

That sounds good. I'm going to save that and try it sometime. Probably when mom is over. I bet she would like it.

Sister--Fleta said...

Oh Missy I loved it....it was soooooo good....yes wait till I am home...