Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Memories


I remember a lot of things. Seeing this house Mema used to live in brought back a lot of memories. All good. I remember exactly where the teacakes were. When I cleaned that cabinet out I had to hold back the tears. I can still smell them. I remember Mema bought me some jelly shoes. I can still remember the exact moment she gave them to me. We were at the back entry. I remember when she bought some frozen cookies off a truck that had over turned. She new where to get rid of them at. I remember one Sunday, Papa sitting in a chair in the bathroom while she styled his hair. I still don't understand why she had to do that. Greg would never let me do his hair. I remember our last Thanksgiving dinner here. Granny Renfroe came over but she insisted on sitting on the back porch because she had so much 'wind.' I remember sleeping with Mema, one of the only times I remember sleeping over. I got sick during the night and she wiped my mouth with a wash cloth. I remember one night I had to sleep with Lewis Allen in the spare bedroom. I was scared to move the whole night. I guess I was afraid I might roll over and get Lewis cooties. This may have been the night I threw up. That's not all I remember but it is all I'm going to write about.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Thanks for the memories, Erin.