Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Rocky


Rocky Posted by Picasa

This is Rocky. My HUSBAND's dog. I know he looks very sweet and innocent but he is living proof that I can never ever have children. Don't get me wrong I love animals but I find myself wanting to beat this dog.
Rocky is a yellow lab. Probably a little less than a year old. He wandered up to our old apartment one day. Skin and bones. I could literally count all of his ribs from a long distance. Of course this made me cringe inside. I subsuquently emptied out all my meat and eggs from the refrigerator and gave them to Rocky. My husband begged and begged. "Can we please, please keep him?!? I will take good care of him." I am a weak woman when my husband cries.
So here we are, it is the middle of the night -- I have to get in my truck wearing my pj's to drive around the block looking for Rocky.
My husband decided we needed to get a shock collar to help us help Rocky behave. Bad idea. I have day dreamed about stepping on the collar so Rocky would get one long continuous jolt. Isnt that evil? Mainly, we use the collar to call him home when he decides to go sniffing off in other people's bushes. But occassionally.... I just like to push the button. (See, I am a horrible person.)
75% of the time Rocky does not get on my nerves. But the other 25% of my time I just want some peace and quiet. I will probably delete this post in the morning. I just wanted to introduce everyone to Rocky. Please don't send the animal police to my house. Or maybe... Nope I can't afford the fines.
I am only venting. I love Rocky. I'm gonna go give him a big hug now.

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Rocky is a beautiful dog. He will
get better as he gets older. He sounds sort of like you were at that age.

Erin said...

I assume you are refering to the wandering off and not coming when I was called on. Hmm....

patsy said...

Your aunt helen has a dog named pillow case and he got lost one time but it has never happened again, you should talk to her about how to train him well.perhaps she has some little trick could tell you about that would stop him from leaving home.

patsy said...

You must not feel bad because you want to beat him that is a family trait that you have inherted from your mother's side of the family. I know your mother is soooo kind and sooo afraid she will hurt somebody or some thing but child the rest of us are sadist!

patsy said...

if this is a male you could have him castrated, this keep males home, also it is good thing to remember when dealing with males of any kind. also you are trying to be good like your mother the rest of her family just goes with the flow.

Sister--Helen said...

well I won't tell you right now about pillowcase but I will tell you about Jack one of the best dogs I have ever seen. We got jack when he was 8 weeks old he was a shelty. He was a tyical puppy chewed on everything. He was an outside dog only! well he got into the habbit of chewing on the garden hose. He would chew it up I would replace it ,,,some big game to him. He was about 1 year old at the time. Well one morning I got up and went outside and there he was chewing on about a 4' piece of hose he had chewed completely off! Well I yelled at him and grabbed that hose and chased him all around the yard for quiet a while and everytime I got close enough I hit him hard with that hose and yelled something ugly! Now your mom will probably cringe when she reads this but he never chewed on a hose again... nor did he bother me when I went outside... for years! We got along fine after that. At 15 I had him put to sleep.