Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Fishing


Today we went fishing, I caught most of the fish -- the big fish. My dad would be proud. We had 3 keepers and I caught 2 of the 3. Am I bragging ? Yes!

Greg's stepgrandparents -- Clifton and Janie -- have a farm with a spring fed pond. It's had fish in it before but last spring we added more fish to it. I guess you could call it our little honey-hole.

The farm is beautiful. It's at Olvey, Arkansas just right outside of Harrison. I think total acreage is 101 acres. It reminds me of Grandpa's with all the big rocks and cleared land. I am always finding new rocks there to add to my collection. BTW, thanks Helen for the rock from Grandpa's farm. It is one of my most prized possessions.

We had a nice time but it was pretty warm. We came home and grilled the fish and I made some fried potatoes. Now we are resting. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

For those of you who don't
know Erin collects rocks. She
loves odd rocks. When she
was a little girl, I would
find rocks hid in her dresser.
She would say...but Mom it
is so nice...see how smooth
it is.

I am glad you a good fisher
woman Erin...I have only caught
a little bream fish...in my
entire lifetime!

Sunshine said...

It sounds like you and greg had a wonderful day. Eric built astrid a fire pit over by her swing set. Last night we had hotdogs and marshmellows for supper so astrid could use her pit.

Erin said...

they have a really cool fire pit/stove for sell at one of the furniture stores here. it's got rod along the top to hang a dutch oven on!

Favotite daughter of sister#1 said...

Dear Erin I love to fish it is one of myobert hobbies I havent been fishing in soom time because it was to hot last year when I was pregnant with baby Robert and this year he has a case of allegers and we cant take him with us so I have winned so long that next weekend my Greg is going to take me only of mom will watch the baby for a couple hours .I have never left Robert anywhere for more then an hour so we might not fish long I cant wait untill he is old enough to go with us.

patsy said...

resting from what?

Erin said...

mom, the rocks weren't smooth. the smooth things were sticks.