Wednesday, April 19, 2006

out-on-the-range cookies


I made these cookies tonight. Since everyone is sharing recipies -- I thought I'd share these. The recipe came from a Taste of Home Makeover Recipies magazine. The magazine makes over certain recipies to make them less fattening and more healthful. I made the original recipe.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup shortening (I used butterflavored)
1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup peanutt butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1-3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, cream shotening and sugars. Add eggs, on at a time. (be careful not to drop the eggshell in the mixing bowl -- I find this hard not to do at times.) Beat in peanut butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 325 for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yields 4 or more dozen. Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Baby, margarine is not healthy..
real butter is the ticket!

patsy said...

i love cookies and milk. can't drink milk cause alegeries and not soppose to eat sweats so see how it is when you get old.

patsy said...

i just use lard ,butter is to high and i figure all i have wrong with me let it rip. now they are warning about all shortings so i just go to the mexican side of grocery and buy lard.

Erin said...

i never said these were healthy.

Galla Creek said...

well, we missed the whole point.
I wish I had one with my coffee.
I love you, Erin.

Erin said...

i'm going on a diet. i'm going to cook the rest of the cookies and give them to Jason

Sister--Helen said...

Mackenzie will be over tonight...We have to make Pound Cake with cream cheese and these cookies. I have it all set up and I am waiting. She will be so excited getting them off the net and I will tell her stories about you while we cook.

By the way, Mackenzie has been cracking my eggs for recipies since she was 2. She can now crack them one handed and nary a shell in the food!

Erin said...

well, i have a whole batch of them made. i'm just going to deliver them to greg's brother. i have to go to work in a couple of hours and i've slept all day long.

Galla Creek said...

Erin, I hope your night's work
goes ok. It was nice and cool
here today.

Coach T. is doing better I think.
So I am doing better, too. I have
worked with Coach 25 years.

Kay is at 5th grade camp. I am tending the dogs.