Tuesday, May 02, 2006

THE dog

I've never actually wanted to shoot Rocky -- until now. We woke up at 1:30 this morning. He decided he needed to go outside. Normally, I would have put his shock collar on him. Not this morning. I put the leash on him.

My front porch is a couple feet up off the ground.

When I let him out Rocky spotted an Armadilla. He took off after the Armidilla. I guess I was still asleep because I went with him -- not down the steps. I went off the porch and on top of a bush. I saw my life flash before my eyes.

I thought I would have to be on disability or something. Unfortunately I just skinned up my knees and one hand. I think I'll still be able to start IV's and do CPR. Darn.

I did let go of the leash -- after I landed on the bush. I managed to muster up the strength to yell at Rocky. I'm lucky this Aramdilla didn't run away or Rocky would have ran off. Darn again.

I called Greg at work to let him know this had happened. He just happened to be on his break -- how convenient. He didn't sound too upset. I have a feeling this has happened to him.

10 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I am glad you are ok.
That Rocky has spumk!

patsy said...

read a good book yesterday title was MARLEY, it was about a dog and he looked like you dog. did you kill the varmint?

Sister--Helen said...

Rocky does not look at all bothered about this incident!

Erin said...

i saw that book, marley, at target. no, i didn't kill the varmit or rocky. i may go by the library and see if they have some 1970's phone books. lol i'll see if they have marley

Sister--Helen said...

Your Aunt Patsy is old today....let her know it...

Sister--Helen said...

you know Erin we have lived in 30 different houses..607 rush street sounds familiar but so does Spring street and Ash and Willow.. it was in that area...

Sister--Helen said...

Ok Erin..I made your cookies today.....you had no flour in the recipe...your Mother makes cakes without leveling agents and you make cookies with no flour....I think the 2 of you are trying to confuse me!

patsy said...

erin don't know where the cabin is, somethings are better not to say.

Sunshine said...

I wish there was a picture of you falling....I needed a good laugh today.

Galla Creek said...

Can you at least take
a picture of the scraped
knee so we can see the
damage?