Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ramon Castro

Ramon Castro died today. One of my daily routines is to read the obituaries. Morbid I know, but it's the only way I know how to find out if my patients pass on or not. I didn't think Mr. Castro would die this year.

He told me a few months ago (he'd just had a heart attack) that he was afraid it was all for not. I asked him what was he afraid was for not. He said coming over on the boat. He said he tried so hard to raise his family and start over -- all to die. I gave him a big hug and told him not to give up -- told him to think of his family. I also told him I'd pray for him. He smiled at that and said please do.

Now it makes me sad. Such a nice man. I hope his family knows of his woes.

2 comments:

Sister--Fleta said...

Mr. Castro was lucky to have a really good nurse. I am sure he is fine now.

Galla Creek said...

Yes, I am glad you took
good care of him. I hope
his life was not for not.
Momma