Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Sugar Cookies

I should say melt in 'my' mouth. These cookies turned out wonderful. I think for the safety of my wasteline I will never make them again.

Here's the recipe ( from Better Homes and Garden's Cookbook)

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

Mix together butter and shortening. Add sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat until combined. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Beat in as much flour as you can and stir in the remaining flour.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 300 oven for about 15 minutes or until sides are set. Do not let edges brown. Cool on cookie sheet for one minute and transfer to wire rack and let cool. Yields approximately 60 cookies. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Erin, that sure would be good with
my coffee this morning. Will they be any Sat. when I get there

Erin said...

i seriously doubt there will be any left by this evening. we are going to the creek today -- to the falls. i hope it's a pretty day for a hike. i'll take lots of pictures.

patsy said...

helen says she hopes you will be at the family reunion.

patsy said...

you are a fine person to talk about settleing down, you need to come help you poor uncle, he has to feed 100 people.

Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

I am a retired nurse. Do you work in a hospital?

I have written 6 books, 2 have been published.

You might want to check out my blog.

Galla Creek said...

Laura made these cookies. She needed butter and got it from my frig. Have not seen a cookie yet.