Friday, September 15, 2006

Richland Creek



Greg and I had intended to go hiking to a few waterfalls on Wednesday. Now, I know it is definately not waterfall season. But I know Richland Creek -- if there is always a lot of water in the creek there should be a waterfall down the creek.

Richland was as dry as I ever remember seeing it. We hiking a few yards down the creek. We could actually walk down the creekbed. I saw a copperhead as big as myself and pert near pee'd my pants. It was at that point that I turned around.

We will go to the falls in the cold Spring when there is more water and less snakes. And Greg will carry a gun to protect me. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you did not step on that snake.

We are anxious to see you Saturday.

Your ancestors tromped those same creek beds and their spirits call out for you to return. I wonder if your Great Great Great Grandmother Sarah Margaret Peggy Standridge
ever came down there with her triplet little girls--Sarah, Louvinia, and Lucinda?

Erin said...

if she ever came down there with the triplet girls i bet her intentions were to leave them in the woods and run away.

patsy said...

i am glad you were with us at the reunion and i am so sorry you are missing out on sleep because of us.